Cup'n Montipora

chemically_balanced

Market
Reaction score
I think it's just because of the flow I have but it was mentioned to me by Derek that it might be the light. Anyone else have a suggestion or thought about why montiporas cup? I would much rather have them plate. If they cup like they are doing I don't know if my idea of having multi colored plates of montipora down the left side of my tank is going to work. Since I hooked up the dosing system I've seen some unbelieveable growth on these caps.

DSC02953.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02954.jpg
alt="" />

Bleedingthought;257995 wrote: Man, those are growing like weeds, huh?

I would say they have grown around an inch in the past month... I'lll ahve to get a top down photo form this month I know I have one from last month.

Funny you say that. I dosed long islands for a while, polyp extension was insane.

Umm, excuse you.

BTW, I didnt know you worked at BoA off of Powers Ferry. I saw you a few days ago laying out your magic on a couple. I live like 5 minutes from there and shop at that kroger.

Well, you were in the back and looked busy. I didnt want to interrupt. Next time I will. What do you do anyways, like loans?

jason8871;258062 wrote: Perry,

Great growth! How are the other SPS doing?

I'll ahve to take some pictures.. I've been busy trying to get everything working on the tank. You were right the aquamedic doser is kinda jankie but I think I have it working.

I have the single wheel doser as well. Pretty chincy, but it works. I have heard expect a year out of them... :(

Mine already broke the pump arm but I superglued that mo'.

Derek_S;258071 wrote: I have the single wheel doser as well. Pretty chincy, but it works. I have heard expect a year out of them... :(

Mine already broke the pump arm but I superglued that mo'.

Mine did too second day out of the box. had to super glue it too.. what a piece.

Tee, I have both. I started with Aqua Medic and it always have problems. Air bubbles, having to reset when power goes out etc. I switched to the LiterMeter and it was worked great. You do need to set the dosing volume on the LiterMeter.

Look forward to the pics Perry

Poor build quality. Flimsey. and it aint got no computer. It is constant speed, and you gotta use a timer/controller to turn it on and off. Cheapo. But mine is the single.

At least mine is.

Boo that. Perry, what 2 part are you dosing? And is that all you are dosing with the pumps?

BULKREEFSUPPLY two part and I'm adding MAG. Yesterday's stats were something like

Cal 375
mag 1250
kh 11.2
Ph 8.3

I'm dosing 50ml a day of two part and about to up that.

Looks good. CA is lower than lots of folks, but the proof is in the growth.

Back