Current sudial ???

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
I have been researching a light for a new setup I am doing. I have been looking at the current sundial and wanted to get some reviews. Who is using it and do you like it? This will be my first endevor into T-5s. Anything I should know?

I'm not sure if this thread should be here or reviews so feel free to move.

Its actually going to end up on a 30g long but I may be using it temporarilly over a 20 long prop tank that is actually going to end up my sump for my next setup. I am looking at the 36" model. I have also tossed around the idea of dual halides but the price goes way up and I have been wanting to try out t5s. This looks like a great little package with the timers and moonlights. I'm wondering how well its built.

John, it should put out a good deal of light b/c of the individual reflectors. But I can't speak on the build quality as I've never owned one. I think they're fairly new to the market.

Actually, the reviews seem pretty good. The biggest complaint seems to be flimsy legs.

Sweet, Thanks for the replies. I really wish I could see one in person. The price seams hard to beat. The research I have done said I would be best off with individual reflectors. So that is also driving me toward this fixture. I think T5 is going to be my best option for this tank because of the length.

If I were in your shoes, I would pull the trigger on the fixture. Just be sure to buy from a reputable dealer in case something goes wrong.

But the choice of T5's over a 30 long is a good one.

Thanks, I think thats what I am going to do. I'm really exited to get this tank up. so now I guess its on to picking a skimmer and designing my sump.

So let me ask this. Lets say if I wanted to go one more step up. Would this be enough for a 40 breeder? Would the four bulb fixture give enough light coverage?

I have it.....

Here is my posting about it with my review
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10891">
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10891</a>

If you'd like to come by and see it, your are more than welcome to

I still love it!

Back