Current USA Orbitz Marine LED question

donniea1800

Market
Reaction score
I have a question about the Current USA Orbitz Marine LED fixture that came out recently. I am currently running a 4 bulb T5HO fixture with only a single reflector, instead of the good individual reflectors. I was thinking about upgrading to a T5 fixture with better reflectors or even 6 bulbs, but then I saw the Current USA LED fixture. It looks nice with all the control features on it especially for someone on a budget. My question is do you think this would provide at least the same amount of light I have now? I saw each LED is .25 watts which concerns me. My tank has softies, zoas, LPS (frog spawn, torch, hammer, bubble), rock anemones, and one deresa clam which all seem to be doing well. I dont want to get this light if it will be giving me less light than I have now. Do you think I would be better off just upgrading the T5 fixture or do you think this fixture would be ok? Any other budget friendly LED fixtures? I do like the less heat, bulb life, and controllability that LED's offer.

My tank is a standard 50 gallon (48L*12.75W*20H)

Here it is:

a>

I have the 24" version on my 26 bow and love it. I don't think it will support SPS but the controls are nice! I want to see what others have to say about it.

I run one on a cube and I'm not totally happy with it. It needs more lumens!

Creation told me it would be enough light for the tank buuuut it was NOT.

If your tank is small enough it will work fine.

I did some research on these and what I gathered was they would be ok for softies and few lps corals. I came across some par readings somewhere and I want to say it was around 25-50 par in a 22" deep tank

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

BrandonMason;947728 wrote: I did some research on these and what I gathered was they would be ok for softies and few lps corals. I came across some par readings somewhere and I want to say it was around 25-50 par in a 22" deep tank

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, this is the lighting specs from the Current USA site.

Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.jpg
>http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.jpg</a>

Back