Custom Lid

salty

Market
Reaction score
Hey all

I've been planning on taking out a clownfish in my 10g and putting in a tailspot blenny instead which means putting on a lid. Because of my equipment setup, the only compatible lid I found is one one those fluorescent bulb hoods.

I removed all the power and light fittings, but for my new lights to fit on, there is some precision cutting across the thicker plastic that needs to be made. I don't have access to a dremel tool, and most definitely don't know how to use one, so if there is somebody out there can do that, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Can you post a pic or two so I can get a better idea what you're wanting to do? I'm not that far from you either.

Sure

Tyvca8bg09wt3fvzfb3oymr8aaswqljq9.jpg
alt="image2" />
Tlpvxc8v6yk689vfauyt73l1r7822087c.jpg
alt="image" />

Just a suggestion.  But you could put a screen top on you tank then figure out a way to hang your light or use brackets.

I could use a screen, but I'm trying to use what I have on hand first. Either way, I'll need to modify the covers to fit my tank.

I also like the look of having everything covered under the hood. I'm looking at getting a screen kit if the hood doesn't work out.

Do you know the brand name of the tank you have? A 10 gallon screen cover is about $10 and you should be able to pick one up at Petco. It will fit and look better.

Back