Custom Lids

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has order a custom lid from any online vendors. I was looking at top lids and clear view. Any others around that make a quality product?

I have ordered from clearview and octolids and artfully and they all came out nice. Expensive but nice. You do have to measure your tank precisely and think things through about where you want feeding doors, powerhead lines tubes etc as it is all custom made and cut to order.

Which have you liked best? It seems octo you give them all the measurements but the others have sizes from a lot of tank manufacturers.

Which have you liked best? It seems octo you give them all the measurements but the others have sizes from a lot of tank manufacturers.
My large display tank is an octolid. I like the acrylic door hinges on the feeding doors so I never have to fish a top out of the tank. Clearview builds a great top as well but their doors you lift out and have to remember not to knock them back in tank 😂🙈😩, something I learned the hard way many times. If you have a large tank I would suggest two pieces to the top as my 6 foot run is rather bulky to take off and on. Clearview has a top that looks like puzzle pieces that they put together and it works well and is really strong. Artfully was fine as well. Octo is super picky about measurements and photos because he does not want to build a top twice and if you mess up it is on you not him. Clearview will provide replacement pieces even years later.

I went with clear view lid and it came today. It’s nice quality and I’m glad I went with them. They had a 60 day production window and it came exactly a month after I ordered. I might have to bitch another cord hole for my heaters since I decided to put them in my overflow now. Overall I’m happy with the lid! It still has the covering on the acrylic lol

Attachments

• AA13C74C-BF6D-431F-AFD2-4E57350A141D.jpeg
    AA13C74C-BF6D-431F-AFD2-4E57350A141D.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 28
  • AD37DA99-3FA8-4D1F-BE63-224CE71ECC28.jpeg
    AD37DA99-3FA8-4D1F-BE63-224CE71ECC28.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 9CB8EC4C-B4BE-4A4C-A386-C6D3D037C1C8.jpeg
    9CB8EC4C-B4BE-4A4C-A386-C6D3D037C1C8.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 27
Back