Custom stand build by Allen for JDavid

jdavid

Market
Reaction score
This is not really DIY, but for a lack of a better place to post I am putting this in DIY with all the other builds.

I have hired ARC Member Allen & Co to build my custom stand for either my deep blue 30 rimless or 60 rimless (same footprint)

Allen has asked me a hundred questions making sure to deliver a product to my exact specifications, down to every detail. I'll leave the narrative up to him but thought it would be cool to document the progress of the build. I just received the first round of pics last night.

1269E1B2-2465-433D-BC53-83A9D3C34551_zps6oi6p94g.jpg
alt="" />
D1276455-4196-47C8-ABFC-A1FFFD15AD6C_zpsncvcemvo.jpg
alt="" />
42F1F2EF-605F-4415-9BF6-3DE44D59E1F7_zpsvesqmfkn.jpg
alt="" />
1DF9160A-F907-4E56-AE6E-CAD85338039A_zpsxxcfgjjy.jpg
alt="" />
933DE409-0F3F-445E-987B-CC8FA3BC639E_zpsqhk9w4wm.jpg
alt="" />
968DE6E6-AA32-4F80-9D33-F536523FDF8E_zpsirrzd5ys.jpg
alt="" />

Looks great! Will it maintain the modern look/feel? What color are you going to have it stained?

stacy22;919102 wrote: Looks great! Will it maintain the modern look/feel? What color are you going to have it stained?
+1. Please tell us he is gonna spray a nice lacquer or varnish finish and not brush on some Behr paint or Min wax poly. He is doing such a nice professional job it deserves a professional finish!:up:

Looks awesome! I had Allen build me a canopy for my 72 bowfront. I still need to pick it up, but the pics he sent me look awesome! I'll post some pics once I get it.

Allen;919205 wrote: Thanks, all.

Grouper, we will be spraying Blue Ridge Products 541-A Cherry stain and 906 extreme clear (satin).

Stacy, this stand will not have the modern look. Josh wanted to go with a good bit of fancy trimwork and raised panel doors on the front and sides. I will get more pictures over to Josh so he can post them as soon as I can. We are glad to be doing something other than modern. That seems to be what most people want these days.
I've heard of them but never used their product. From what I have heard it is good stuff. Local company aren't they? Is that a spray stain? Do you make your own doors? If not may I ask who you use? Thanks

Guys.. Allen delivered my stand today.

Allen, from the bottom of my heart thank you man.

I've nearly finished the new bedroom upstairs, I still need to clean the carpet and a couple other things. Once I have finished the move, I will take some detailed pics of the stand nice and polished.

I do have a sneak peak to post. They built the stand with three doors, one on each side, The hinges are very cool. They are made so that the doors can be easily removed and put back on.

Again. Thanks Allen. You're awesome.

Okay guys here is a sneak peak:

The doors are really nice, raised panels. Both side doors are huge. All three double as removable panels.

<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://youtu.be/gGrni8kAcOE<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

The blue light is from the radium, it really lights the place up lol.

Lol! Superior accessibility!

<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://youtu.be/TJ-Qe0bLVDA<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

It's on hold for now until I get my financial situation sorted out. All I need really is the plumbing and a couple other things for the tank, nothing major, but I decided that I'm going to fully renovate the basement instead of setting up the tank upstairs.

I'm definitely looking forward to it though!

The build date is getting closer...! I can feel the itch again. I have things sorted out now for the most part, going to install laminate floors too, I hate carpet!

Cant wait to see how this comes along. I should have gone your route with the cabinet. Im not unhappy with my build but yours is fantastic!

Back