Cutting shaping bonding bending and creating things with glass and acrylic. Who knows how? Willing to pay someone to teach me.

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
Who out there knows how to work with glass and acrylic. Cutting drilling shaping bending gluing bonding all the good stuff. I have some ideas I'd like to put to use for my own tanks but the knowledge on the internet and YouTube seems to only get me halfway there. I'm very good with woodworking and building with stuff of that nature but when it comes to Glass and acrylic I feel like an idiot sometimes because it's so easy to screw it up by cracking her breaking it. it's hard to figure out the exact tools and materials I need to do the things I want to just by surfing the internet because I've had many failures to this point and am very stressed frustrated and would like to get the input of a seasoned veteran in this field that could teach me their way it is and point me in the right direction. I would be willing to compensate you for your time and meet you wherever you wanted me to.

Dave Ball (@dball711) helped me with my acrylic sump and has quite a bit of experience with tank building. For local knowledge, he would be a go to imo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bending would be the hard part as it requires ovens and molds I believe. Bonding and building are definitely easier. I’m in Jefferson if you wanna do some basics.

That's sounds great I'm in Lithonia so it's kind of far but for the time being what do you use to glue the acrylic corners together having a hard time finding something at home Depot or something like that

Weld-on. The various numbers reflect the thickness. If its for a display you generally go with the runnier stuff. I've built sumps before and have used the thick stuff as its easier to work with and has more forgiveness for my not so perfect work.... good enough for a sump though.

Back