Cycled?

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
Ok I have had water in and running for month or 2 and I put dry rock in it for little over a week has brown alage going on now. I put couple pieces of live rock in it to help seed it. I have put my water from my 40 when I do a wc and pit it in my 90(one I'm starting). Anything else I can try and speed it up a little? Thanks!

THIS PRODUCT ALWAYS WORK FOR ME.
a>

Dylan Ringwood;1058317 wrote: Ok I have had water in and running for month or 2 and I put dry rock in it for little over a week has brown alage going on now. I put couple pieces of live rock in it to help seed it. I have put my water from my 40 when I do a wc and pit it in my 90(one I'm starting). Anything else I can try and speed it up a little? Thanks!
Have you tested it for ammonia?

Eventually you get to the point were you have to add something living to feed the bacteria you are trying to grow. Our favorite bacteria products right now are Aquavitro Seed and Continuum Bacter Gen.

Jakub

grouper therapy;1058366 wrote: Have you tested it for ammonia?
I have not yet. And to the rest of you it seems everyone is pretty much saying the same thing just brands they personally use. I will read up on these products when I get home from work. Thank you all for your knowledge and experiences !

I always just dump in skimmate from another tank. Im sure people will say not to do this, but it has always worked for me, and it is free.

benpoole28;1058395 wrote: I always just dump in skimmate from another tank. Im sure people will say not to do this, but it has always worked for me, and it is free.
When I do a wc I have dumped that water from the 40 into the 90

That will help, but if your water is good and clean, it wont have much in it to help the cycle. Every seeding product ive ever bought smells exactly like nasty skimmate. Do some testing, if you see nitrates, your well on your way. Thats the only way to surely know.

benpoole28;1058397 wrote: That will help, but if your water is good and clean, it wont have much in it to help the cycle. Every seeding product ive ever bought smells exactly like nasty skimmate. Do some testing, if you see nitrates, your well on your way. Thats the only way to surely know.
Sounds good. Trying to hurry the process up my current 40 has turned into a frag tank/actual tank haha.. bit crowded

Back