cycling dry rock back to live

willie1983

Market
Reaction score
I recently bought dry rock from a member and I need any suggestions on ways to cycle the rock to make it back live.As of now I prewashed the rock with tap water and placed it into a 33 gallon trash can with saltwater and salinity with a power head and other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To help seed it faster, you can toss a piece of LR in there (if you have) Depending on the time you have, just let it sit in there for a few weeks to a month or so. The longer the better, that way you can make sure no algae pops up or unwanted critters.

You can also use Seachem Stability to help.

At the end of the day, it will need some biological activity (ie waste) to really get going, and some sort of 'starter' to get some bacteria in there to get them populating.

Jenn

glxtrix;980486 wrote: To help seed it faster, you can toss a piece of LR in there (if you have) Depending on the time you have, just let it sit in there for a few weeks to a month or so. The longer the better, that way you can make sure no algae pops up or unwanted critters.

Yes I have a few pieces I can add to the rest

JennM;980487 wrote: You can also use Seachem Stability to help.

At the end of the day, , I will need some biological activity (ie waste) to really get going, and some sort of 'starter' to get some bacteria in there to get them populating.

Jenn

Jenn I should've spell checked I was trying to spell stability my phone spelled salinity, It smelled awful this mourning im hearing that the ammonia spike is that normal?

Back