Dakota9 do you have some pics of your DIY rock?

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
Man, the DIY rock thread is totally useless without pictures. I would love to see some of the Man made rock you crafted. How are you prepping it for introduction into your tank?

I can snap some tomorrow - it came out far nicer than expected - it's just still sitting and getting the salt out...

Well........ You know......... There's like an entire thought process.......

OK, mine sux.......

I'm still working to prefect my technique. I still have plenty of raw materials to make rock, and I've done it a couple of times solo in the back yard since, but I'm still prefecting the look </em>I'm going for. I'm certain Rob's and Loren's turned out much better..

Rob, I'm curious as to how the coloums turned out...... I'm going to try that one my self.

After tomorrow, I'm free for four days. Anyone is welcome to come over and try their hand at making rock. We could use more live sand, and some more foam boxes, but we have everything else....

I forgot, Loren was bragging about how fantastic his were......But no pics. Come on Loren, post some pics.

Hi Andy,

dead sand will just be fine - you just shouldn't be using silica based sand but the aragonite kind.

AndyMan;364296 wrote: do you need "live" live sand or would dead live sand work?

My apologies, I didn't realize until now that I had said "live sand", I meant aroganite sand, or dead live sand.

Back