Darren's Test Pic (2)

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Ok I am trying again. Please bear with me as I am camera and computer challenged! Not a good pic of the tank I am just experimenting.

DSC00215.jpg
alt="" />

Shazaaaam! It worked. Now I will try to get some good pics. Any advice on getting some of the "blue" out of the picture?

Nice pic Darren. I've been waiting to see a full tank shot of your tank. Chris can probably better explain this but to get the blue out, you should reset the white balance (WB) on the camera while the camera is pointed at your tank. Of course, I could totally be wrong but it seems to have worked for me so far.

Thanks Kappanight. If I could get the colors to show true I would be happy. Recognize the Lunar Eclipses in the upper left? :)

They're growing really well for you. Mine for whatever reason fear light. Where in the tank are the frags that you just gave me?

Here is a blurry pic. In the FTS they are almost dead center. Like I said the color on the pics is not correct. these are a bright red with a bright green mouth. Will work on some better pics.

DSC00224.jpg
alt="" />

NICE tank, Darren!

Which camera are you using? Usually the blue can be fixed by adjusting the white balance, but how you do this depends on the model.

Thanks Kayla. It is not the best but not a cheapo digital camera. it is a Sony Cybershot 6.0 Mega Pixels. On the lens it says "Carl Zeiss" whatever that means. I will read the manual tonight on white balance. If you look close in the full tank shot on the left side to the right of the red mushroom you can see how well the Merletti's have grown that I got from you a few months back.

Wow, I was wondering if those were came from that frag! That's awesome - proof that you're doing something right. ;)

Let me know if you have any more camera Qs.

I just saw Darren's tank yesterday, and the photograph just doesn't capture how great the tank looks in person. On the bright side, you are able to post pics now!:up:

Maroons15 those are the ones (Lunar Eclipse) that I referred to above. They came from Kappanight a few months back. They are actually a nice dark gray with bright orange skirt and patterns in the polyp. This pic is a little closer.

DSC00208.jpg
alt="" />

Still lookin good Darren. I can't wait for you to frag some more. I am taking a number in line now! ;)

Thanks Big D and Brad. Big D the tank better come with a good divorce attorney! :)

Back