Darting triggerfish

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
Got a huma huma that I've noticed "darting" around--he'll back up and then dart for like an inch or two--I read somewhere I believe that means they have a parasite or ich?? What should I do/should I be worried? I've had him about 6 months or so.

ericmcj31;180052 wrote: Got a huma huma that I've noticed "darting" around--he'll back up and then dart for like an inch or two--I read somewhere I believe that means they have a parasite or ich?? What should I do/should I be worried? I've had him about 6 months or so.

I dont know about that. Triggers are strange critters. Sounds more like a behavioral gesture. Maybe someone/something to close to his "territory"? Keep a lookout for signs of parasite, but I wouldnt add 1 and 1, and come up with 3 (If you can understand my ridiculous, cliqued, analogies).

no--haven't added any new fish-but a couple weeks ago the thermometer bursted in sump--ever since-this trigger has "darted" and the niger trigger just hides in the rocks (which I re-arranged)- and the niger will not eat--he just hides underneath the rocks-and before he was one BAD azz---I don't think he's being bullied-but should I re-rearrange the rockwork?

yeah-the not eating deal is what's kinda got me worried-I'm gonna re-rearrange the rockwork tomorrow and see what happens

The thermometer broke? What type of thermometer? That could leached some foreign, possibly toxic, substances into the water.

ericmcj31;180770 wrote: it was a hydor thermometer-glass--
Im pretty sure they use alcohol in thjose thermometers. If it were me, Id do a good water change and run a poly filter.

now the niger is just laying on bottom-pretty much lifeless-I feel so horrible, wish there was something I could do-any suggestions?? Sounds like he's pretty much a goner to me :(

My huma would dart and my huma would swim into the powerhead stream, flip and dart the other way.

My huma would dart across the back turn on a dime and dart the other way.

It was the dartingest fish I ever saw.

Back