Dead Squarespot

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
anyone have a fish they ordered just drop dead? i got a regal tang and 2 squarespot anthias they split my order because the anthias were out of stock regal came tuesday anthias came today i fed mysis and 1 ate other that died was mostly hiding and kinda breathing a little heavier but nothing too bad chalked it up to stress from shipment went into the garage to check on them before i went to bed an hour ago and the one that was hiding was in the middle of my QT dead im wondering if he just shipped poorly and didn't make it the only thing i dosed was metro today around 1pm and the regal got 1 round of prazi tuesday

Attachments

• 20200124_223735.jpg
    20200124_223735.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
Stress from shipping could be a major contributor. Additionally, Anthias need higher amounts of oxygen than other similarly sized species. During shipping, reduced oxygen could have hurt his ability to breath and caused additional stress. Additionally, the higher metabolism could have created a small ammonia buildup inside the bag, causing toxicity and more stress. Even so, depending on the acclimation procedure, switching from this bag water to tank water could be yet another contributor. All in all, it was probably a combination of factors from the sound of it. Shipping can be a very unpleasant experience for the fish.

Sincerely sorry that this happened. Anthias are wonderful.

Yea it was really weird I've never had a fish just die like that the day I got it maybe days later but you are probably right it was stress among other factors

LiveAquaria gave me a store credit for the fish i think ill just order some snails this time in the past year ive placed 4 online orders for fish and 2 invert orders 1 of the orders of inverts gave my tank marine velvet and 2 of the 4 fish orders one of the fish died in QT im really just gonna start buying locally exclusively so i can see what im buying before i pay or just place orders with marinefishez because he made sure i got some healthy livestock.

So sorry this keeps happening to you. Hopefully the local shops will fare better.

So sorry this keeps happening to you. Hopefully the local shops will fare better.
yea i hope so the regal and remaining square spot anthias in QT are doing well so maybe i just had some bad luck

Back