Dear ARC,

destineyfoster

Reaction score
When discussion of getting and setting up a reef tank started over a year ago. I was not thrilled. All I could think about is the cost of this hobby. My husband left for Afghanistan and it gave him time to research and eventually buy a tank. Again, I was not happy. He came home and we began to set it up. We are now two months in, and I am hooked. We have a few corals and fish. I can't wait to add more. Thank you to you awesome sponsors and members for your help and advice. <3

Welcome to the ARC and congratulations on setting up the new tank. I have been addicted to reefing for several years now... this is a very rewarding hobby and a lot of fun.

The ARC is filled with some great knowledgeable people. If there is anything that you want to know, don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome! Thanks for both of your service! his there & yours here.

Thank you all! I really mean it. Everyone has been wonderful!!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

We need some pictures and a build thread :)

Found it!
showthread.php

I would like to thank him for his service!!! I would like to give the 2 of you some frags! I don't have a ton of "high dollar" corals, but I have some nice ones... I would love to put something together and meet you both with frags. I will be gone till Sunday, but next week would love to meet you with something. How eststablished is the tank. Also what size, filtration, and lighting... After that info, I will post what I have I would like to give you..

Nick

I would also be willing to give you a BRS Carbon and GFO reactor. I saw that he was inquiring on using GFO and Carbon. I have what you need! Just add media and pump!

Nick

The tank has been running for about 2 months so far everything is stable. Its a 90 with 40b sump. I have A reef octopus skimmer. Jbj Ato Brs dual reactor only running carbon currently. Lights I have 2 120w evergrow dimmable leds. Got 2 1150 koralia powerheads moving water and a 915gph sicce return pump with a split locline return. He said thank you for the support.

I like how you initially said he bought the tank but you later describe the equipment as yours, not his =) Keep up the good work!

Yeah its ours. Lol he does the dirty work and feed and watch my little ones. Lol

I remember when he first started researching before deploying. It was fun watching how it developed. I knew he was serious when I would see posts from him while deployed. I am sure it wasn't like he had tons of PC available to him yet he spent some of that time asking questions on ARC. :)

Very happy you both are enjoying the tank and even happier he made it back safe. :)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

I'm am prior military and want to say thank you. I know it is very hard for you as a wife. I want to ask, do you all plan on dosing your system? I skimmed your build thread and did not see any mention of a doser.

I have a 3 channel doser I would like you give you all to help out with cost. One doser is currently not working. It may just be plugged. Not really sure. Hit me up with a pm and I can give you further details.

Sorry it's short and sweet but I'm having a hard morning on the golf course. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MrFlameangel;943761 wrote: I'm am prior military and want to say thank you. I know it is very hard for you as a wife. I want to ask, do you all plan on dosing your system? I skimmed your build thread and did not see any mention of a doser.

I have a 3 channel doser I would like you give you all to help out with cost. One doser is currently not working. It may just be plugged. Not really sure. Hit me up with a pm and I can give you further details.

Sorry it's short and sweet but I'm having a hard morning on the golf course. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nice. :)

Back