Dear gyre

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
Oh how I truly hate you sometimes. Especially when it's time for your cleaning. Tonight you bit me and for that I would like to scold you. You were nearly impossible to put back together without MacGyver at my side and even still your flow direction and cone seems to change every time I put you back together. I really dislike that you disassemble into 18 separate pieces for cleaning. Lastly, please stop blasting my anemone underneath you and shoot water across the top of the tank like a good little gyre, why you have to spread your flow into a 45° angle baffles me. The only way I've found to thwart your efforts to dislodge my anemone is to run you backwards in full power and upside down. I hope you get dizzy you little punk.
1038937=62339-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434614269.163446.jpg
>
1038937=62339-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434614269.163446.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434614269.163446.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

haha...I feel the same way. Took mine apart to clean it for the first time and man was it a pain to put back. Flow is different and now I have a hum coming from it that was not there before. I love the pump but hate what it take to clean it and the fact there is no "night-time" mode like vortechs....

Declanisadog;1038949 wrote: Dear Vortechs,

Thank you

exactly what i was thinking lol my vortechs are always well behaved. the most trouble they ever give me is figuring out which way to turn the cage to get the wetside apart

Don't feel bad Rusty. I don't know anyone who hasn't had a tough time figuring out how to clean it first couple times. :)

on the bright side you'll have a scar that looks like a snakebite and you could say that thats what it was and look like a total bad@$$ lol

lol, yeah, it was a nasty maxspect rattler, had some crazy venom. Almost started cutting my finger off to stop it :p

cleaned my tunze this morning, like impeller and 2 halfs, so easy. I actually use 2 tunze on the opposite side of the tank to act as a gyre in the counter clockwise direction and have the apex switch back and forth. Other than being a little ugly, it works great.

Back