Decorative Refugium

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Going to turn my 30 gal frag tank into a decorative refugium (.Going to need some suggestions) My goal is to help with nutrient export of DT. Dose anyone know where and what are some of the best decorative marine algae to use. Thanks

I think you will enjoy having decorative refugium. On my old 120 I had 30 gallon plumbed into and had simple algae's and some sponge and mangrove plants. It definitely helped exporting nutrients.
As far as algae's goes, I think dragon breath was my favorite and did grow very fast. You may also want to try miracle mud. I never tried.

znv2mp.jpg
alt="" />

2jewnf9.jpg
alt="" />

aftermath: only photo I can find. can see how it was doing on the lfet side.

20z1e02.jpg
alt="" />

Good luck <

Wow , That is exactly how mine will be set. 120, 30 rimless. Looks nice.

Thanks, Have you ordered from them before. Do I need to worry about hitch hikers.

Fishlips;1104753 wrote: Thanks, Have you ordered from them before. Do I need to worry about hitch hikers.

I have ordered once from them - had to throw roughly half the algae in the trash. Could smell them before the box was opened and were in pretty bad shape - smelly, slimey and I didn't trust .

The half that wasn't rotting I put in the tanks and it worked out fine. Didn't notice any animal hitch-hikers.

I have ordered from them a couple times with no issues. If you did have an issue, I'm sure if you let them know, they would make it right.

I heard they come smelly. But if it was that bad, my wife would have had a kitten.LOL.

Fishlips;1104763 wrote: I heard they come smelly. But if it was that bad, my wife would have had a kitten.LOL.

I should clarify my thoughts - I would, and probably will, order from them again.

The price of the algae is reasonable and there was nothing wrong with their service.

The product is perishable and they are a small business. I almost expect to lose some life on shipments.

I did not contact them because I didn't want more product for free - I won't do that to small businesses except in a case where sheer negligence or bad customer service costs me extra money.

I plan on ordering from them. This is what I think I want.
Halimeda sampler pack
Red Macro sampler pack.
5 mangrove pods.

Back