Dehumidifier... (Dumb Question)

darren24

Market
Reaction score
We are listing our house for sale (moving locally) and the upstairs where I keep my 60g smells kind of "moist". Any issues with putting a dehumidifier up there? Thanks.

never had an issue with the one i run here, other than the fact it takes about an hour to fill because of all the tanks lol

In the summer I run multiple through out my home. Ive modified all mine for continous drain and operation. Otherwise like Tater said you'll be stuck empting your reservoir every couple hours.

I have two in the basement, one in the unfinished area where the big sump is, and one in the finished area where the tanks are. Both are modified for continuous drainage like Jesse stated.

But, if you put one up there and potential buyers see it, they may wonder if you have a moisture problem. If you can put it away prior to showing the house, the better.

I run one in my fish room as well. If I don't dump it once it's full, the room does have a moist smell to it. I need to move mines up higher so I can hook a hose to it and into my sink so I don't have to keep dumping it. Dave and Jesse beat me to that idea.

Back