Delbeek

jmaneyapanda

Sponsor
Reaction score
For anyone who cares, I just heard that Charles Delbeek has quit at Waikiki and is going to the Steinhart Aquarium in San Fran. Kinda a shame, as it appears the "names" at Waikiki are moving on (Delbeek, Carlson). Good luck to him and Waikiki.

Yeah, we found out about that when he saved us a boatload on his airfare for MACNA....They have had a lot of turn over there lately.

SShindell;189136 wrote: Yeah, we found out about that when he saved us a boatload on his airfare for MACNA....They have had a lot of turn over there lately.

Maybe thats why he did it....

Maybe I need to fill out an application for Waikiki.... Looks like they are in need of some help.

Xyzpdq0121;189140 wrote: Maybe I need to fill out an application for Waikiki.... Looks like they are in need of some help.

No, they need skilled people with abilities. Not someone to put duct tape on a leaky pipe. Ghetto tank owner.

Cheawing gum works much better then ducktape!!!! I have seen your getto rigged Kangaroo center dude, I would not be talking! ;)

just a head's up guys,
(I am not a very pc kinda guy either, & I know no harm was intended.....I mean Brandon can't even spell it! LOL ) However......................

Although I am neither black nor Jewish, ghetto (foundry) can really cause someone some pain.

The new Academy of Science is going to be awesome...I'm sure he'll like his new job.

SShindell;189302 wrote: I agree. Their coral tank will actually be a bit larger than ours.

sorry, quick hijack question......I don't know if its just he massive size of that tropical diver tank or not, but it seems like there aren't very many more corals in it as when it first opened? Especially stonys.

I think some of the stuff in the beginning was artifical. They are being replaced with live corals.

Jason

mysterybox;189289 wrote: just a head's up guys,
(I am not a very pc kinda guy either, & I know no harm was intended.....I mean Brandon can't even spell it! LOL ) However......................

Although I am neither black nor Jewish, ghetto (foundry) can really cause someone some pain.
My apologies. I did not intent any distress.

mysterybox;189315 wrote: sorry, quick hijack question......I don't know if its just he massive size of that tropical diver tank or not, but it seems like there aren't very many more corals in it as when it first opened? Especially stonys.

Kim and Bruce say it takes 3-5 years to get a reef tank of this size dialed in. Atlantis and Long Beach had the same time schedule, and Kim was involved with both of them. The artificial corals were basically only for opening day - as expected they turned brown within a month.

There are alot of new corals in there, and good growth. You have to remember that good growth in that tank is not going to even be seen for a long time by the public.

Back