Depicting the reefs of the Georgia coast

clovis829

Reaction score
I have been asked to help set up 2 reef tanks (12g and ~40g) that depict the reefs off of the Georgia coast (both tanks are already established with LR). I have been trying to research Gray's Reef, and I know sponges are extremely prevalent, but I need some other ideas as to what else is there. I want to try to focus on coral and inverts, but ideas on fish will also be very helpful.

If you have any ideas, or know where a good place to look is, please let me know!! Thanks!

Sounds cool! Are these going to be temperate reefs? What temperature is the Georgia coast? I'm used to California where you would need to keep the tank at around 60-65F.

Grey's Reef is a patch reef that lies in ~60' of water. From the video I saw awhle back, it has lots of ledges and does not have much height and the coral reef is spotty or in patches. It is not one continuous reef like The Great Barrier Reef.

Contact "Mojo", "SShindell" or "Washowicz" since they have dived it.

Good luck!

Yeah, the reef is definitely patchy. Even if I could stretch it a little, with regards to the coral, what could I put in them? Any mushrooms? Possibly gorgonia? I need some imput!
I would say that the current temperature of these tanks is in the upper 70s (although this is probably a lot warmer than the actual GA coast temp.)

The GA Aquarium has a Gray's reef display. Maybe there is info on their website.

Back