Derasa clam

j_j_

Reaction score
can a Derasa clam survive under 96 watts of T-5 HO lighting with strong flow?

what size tank?? I would say yes, if it is smaller tank-other things need to be considered too-prob. would do better towards the top

You've got 96 watts of T5 over a 15g tank? You can put that clam anywhere you like. You could probably even keep a maxima or crocea in there just fine if you put it higher up.

Bear in mind, though, that derasa clams get pretty big, pretty fast and it will grow to 1/2 the size of that aquarium in a couple years.

Mine doesn't like a lot of flow, the light should be okay on that small of tank.

theplatypus;290927 wrote: You can just about grow a Derasa with a flashlight. lol

From what I heard this is somewhat true. Heard of them surviving in NO florencent. But not sure if they are thrieving

I'm thinking the original poster doesn't actually have t5's. To my knowledge there aren't any 96W t5 bulbs, compact fluorescent on the other hand.

theplatypus;291249 wrote: I'm thinking the original poster doesn't actually have t5's. To my knowledge there aren't any 96W t5 bulbs, compact fluorescent on the other hand.

The way I read it is they have 96 W total of T5. MAybe 4 x 24W?

Derek_S;291259 wrote: The way I read it is they have 96 W total of T5. MAybe 4 x 24W?

Bahh!!

I forgot about the 24w bulbs. :thumbs:

If you have 4x24w t5's on a 15 gallon tank you should be able to keep pretty much anything you want.

Back