Derimming a 10 gal??

jswizzle

Market
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has ever derimmed a 10 gal tank. Right now I have a 30 long and a 56 column that I'm about to transfer all into a 75 reef ready with sump and much new equipment. Might do a build page. Anyways, I recently had an 8 gal nano and would really like to up another nano along with my 75. But I really want a rimless. So back to my original question, anyone ever derimmed one?

If you are removing the plastic rim, don't. The glass edge under there is extremely sharp. Better to buy a rimless than get cut up

I've seen forums and vids where they just sand that down to make it smooth. I'm just concerned with the strength really.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">ten gallon tanks glass thickness or lack there of is too thin. The rim adds strength. The thickness is at best double strength. If you skinned the outside maybe. Or if you added a glass rim on top maybe. </span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana"> </span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">As for the edges just get you an course grit sanding block and rough up both edges and you will be fine. </span></span>

Back