Determining volume of airline/dosing tubing

tonymission

Market
Reaction score
1001381=58070-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418076058.144588.jpg
>
1001381=58070-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418076058.144588.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418076058.144588.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

So I saw this on another forum where a guy used a wine chiller to cool his coral feeding concoction for auto dosing and I think it's brilliant. Would probably do two: one for fuel and one for my smorgasbord of stuff I mix up. I was previously thinking of drilling/sealing my frag room dorm fridge but like this idea better.

I'm trying to figure out how much volume per foot airline tubing would hold. Figure I need to clear the in/out of the tubing within 24 hours to avoid my mix going bad once it's pumped out of the chilled container. Does this make sense?

Could probably Google this somehow but know there are some engineer types here and maybe someone else would find this wine chiller idea useful or even give me a better idea perhaps.

Make sure you use the same units of measure throughout. If using inches, result will be cubic inches.

How do I determine the inner radius?
How do I get this back to ML to determine how many ML I need to dose per day for this to work?
Sorry, I sell roofs. :/

The inside diameter of standard airline tubing is 3/16", therefore the radius will be 3/32". Use the following App for converting from cubic inches to ml: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/convert-units-for-free-1-unit/id337224035?mt=8">https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/convert-units-for-free-1-unit/id337224035?mt=8</a>

Great App for converting units quickly.

The App is called Convert Units on the Apple App store, not sure what it is on Android or other mobile.

I looked at wine chillers as well. I saw a food network one for a low price but then I decided that I would just get a used free standing wine cellar for cheap off amazon like this:

41mcUmQIDCL._SX425_.jpg
alt="" />

ref=sr_1_10

Tony,
Get a syringe and fill it with water to a known volume, then push it through one foot of airline tubing. Check the syringe and see how much you have used. That is the answer to your question.

Acroholic;1001398 wrote: Tony,
Get a syringe and fill it with water to a known volume, then push it through one foot of airline tubing. Check the syringe and see how much you have used. That is the answer to your question.

That will work too....:notworthy:

Grant, thanks for the help man!

Acroholic;1001398 wrote: Tony,

Thanks Dave! I'm just going to keep asking goofy questions and putting myself out there as an idiot... Seems so easy once Ya think of it! Lol

You see any reasons why this isn't a good idea? Fuel and food? Wonder what size solids are safe passing through my BM doser pump.

MarquiseO;1001396 wrote: I looked at wine chillers as well. I saw a food network one for a low price but then I decided that I would just get a used free standing wine cellar for cheap off amazon like this:

41mcUmQIDCL._SX425_.jpg
alt="" />

http://www.amazon.com/Haier-4-Bottle-Wine-Cellar-black/dp/B0065OV6XK/ref=sr_1_10?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1418077973&sr=1-10#customerReviews">Amazon.com: Haier 4-Bottle Wine Cellar, black: Kitchen & [email]Dining</a>[/QUOTE]

I like that the one above seems to fit a bottle of Fuel's size almost perfectly. Can tuck a couple away in the back of the stand.

I saw where someone used a mini fridge also.I also saw where someone used a mini fridge like this for a chiller. They coiled up copper tubing in the fridge and hooked a maxi jet to a controller. When the temp raised the controller would turn on the pump and cool the water.

tonymission;1001401 wrote: Thanks Dave! I'm just going to keep asking goofy questions and putting myself out there as an idiot... Seems so easy once Ya think of it! Lol

You see any reasons why this isn't a good idea? Fuel and food? Wonder what size solids are safe passing through my BM doser pump.

I don't see why you couldn't do it. But, I would be very careful about passing solids through narrow airline tubing, nothing more than fish roe size, or cyclop-eeze, or phyto sized stuff.

Back