DI resin

bruce 1

Market
Reaction score
Where do you get yours at? I need a bulk amount of it. (Several pounds of it) any on know of a place that sells it in larger lots?

This is Resin Tech's color changing DI resin
frm_ProductInfo.aspx

EBay has resintech color changing DI. I ordered mine from there its the same exact thing as brs but cheaper.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

I usually order a DI resin replacement when I order replacement carbon pre/post and sediment filters from BRS. I make a ton of RODI water and my resin usually lasts well over a year and still has capacity left when I do replace it.

Hehe....there are probably hundreds of places to order it from, and probably very few manufacturers, like it is with GFO.

Acroholic;942499 wrote: I usually order a DI resin replacement when I order replacement carbon pre/post and sediment filters from BRS. I make a ton of RODI water and my resin usually lasts well over a year and still has capacity left when I do replace it.

Hehe....there are probably hundreds of places to order it from, and probably very few manufacturers, like it is with GFO.

kind of good to know they last long. I've yet to replace my resin and was wondering how long they last. Its been a few months now and im still reading 0 tds.

Hnguyen;942502 wrote: kind of good to know they last long. I've yet to replace my resin and was wondering how long they last. Its been a few months now and im still reading 0 tds.

With 38 TDS out of the tap in Atlanta, I don't think it uses much of the DI resin's capacity to take anything left from the RO product water. We have incredibly soft water in Atlanta. Not cheap, but quite soft out of the tap.

Acroholic;942503 wrote: With 38 TDS out of the tap in Atlanta, I don't think it uses much of the DI resin's capacity to take anything left from the RO product water. We have incredibly soft water in Atlanta. Not cheap, but quite soft out of the tap.

that's true. I get about 37 tds on and 2 before the di. 0 after the di. My membranes last between 4-6 years before they need to be replaced depending on usage. My mixing station holds enough water for 5 weeks of water change so I think I'll get 6 years out of them.

Hnguyen;942507 wrote: that's true. I get about 37 tds on and 2 before the di. 0 after the di. My membranes last between 4-6 years before they need to be replaced depending on usage. My mixing station holds enough water for 5 weeks of water change so I think I'll get 6 years out of them. Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

I do a 30 gallon water change on my 100 gallon reef every other week, a 4.6 gallon (1%) daily water change on my 465 gallon system (auto water changer), and keep two ATO reservoirs filled, so I make a good bit of water. I just changed my color changing DI resin out after about 15 months of straight use, and I still had about 20-25% of it left.

My hometown of Louisville, Kentucky has TDS of like 350-400 I think. Lived here in Atlanta more than 20 years, but I was just amazed at how little soap it took to wash clothes, or dishes, or to wash a car down here right after we moved, since the soap had so little hardness to overcome compared to Kentucky water. It takes less than half as much detergent to wash a load of clothes down here vs up there, for example. And Kentucky really doesn't have ultra hard water. Other locations in the US have much harder water than there even.

Back