different color ricordea

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
Can different colored ones be glued right next to each other where they touch, i just got 5 or 6 and want to place them right next to each other, can they touch without killing each other???

side note really quick ace not trying to highjack the thread, do rics do better on the sand bed or like glule to rock high light low light?? flow? i have 2 that are doing good but i would liek to put them in the best place possible

o no problem good question i think they like gentle flow and low light, as far as where they should be placed im not sure.

thanks, cause i got 2 that were connected to a frag plug and i just shoved the plug into a hole in my rock about midway up my tank under pretty heavy flow so im thinkin i should put the plug lower to the ground under a little less flow.

thanks for the help man. o yeah the humu is doing great haha loves chasing the eels around

they can certianly be glued next to one another. I came across a pic last night, can't remember where, but it was the coolest ric rock ever with a single bright yellow ric on top and then a layer of blues oranges and rainbows all on the same rock. It was a photo of the month or from a tank of the month somewhere.

To add to the question what about diefferent types IE Florida and Yuma's

I have mine on the bottom base rocks. Some are on the rocks and some are on the sand bed. And have both Florida Rics and Yuma next to each other and they all seem to be happy and flourishing.

I think you can put them right next to each other but I don't know if I would. Rics split to reproduce if if you put them right next to each other they may not split or grow as much, and may not spread out over the rock. I would leave some space between them and wait for them to fill it in, they grow pretty quick so it should not take too long. I don't know for sure but if I am wrong some one will chime in and let us know.

I've got orange and multi colored on the same LR that I glued them on and they seem to get along just fine,they actually expand on top of each other when they are fully opened.

jason sartain;241501 wrote: I've got orange and multi colored on the same LR that I glued them on and they seem to get along just fine,they actually expand on top of each other when they are fully opened.

Meant to add in my previous post:

allow space between them for growth and expansion. Nice if you can see them all.

good thread, I just got my ric order from coral morphologic and man they look awesome. Great colors and great shipping. I even got 2 free ric's as well which they have nice bright colors as well!!

I will get some pictures up later

Just a side note, I would not glue the ricordea, if the are attached to a rubble rock, you can glue the rock. Rics have a foot and can move around. I think if you glue the actual foot it might die.

This is just what I have read before.

Thanks,
Tim

tim8111;241663 wrote: Just a side note, I would not glue the ricordea, if the are attached to a rubble rock, you can glue the rock. Rics have a foot and can move around. I think if you glue the actual foot it might die.

This is just what I have read before.

Thanks,
Tim
+1 on what time said. glue the rock not the animal. It would be like trying to glue a RBTA in place... not a good idea!

Stolen from RC... complete thread
showthread.php

thedeper;241710 wrote: Man, think of how much money is just right there in Ricordeas.
Remember, the guy that owns that tank owns Phishy Business, so he is a dealer and does not pay retail for his stuff.

Back