Digital Aquatics Terrible Customer Service and No Warranty

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
Beware of Digital Aquatics:

I bought the Reefkeeper Lite in late November and it had problems so I decided to upgrade to the Reefkeeper Elite rather than exchanging the RKL, which showed up defective..the clock didn't work on it so it is useless. I contacted customer service and they told me that they would send another one. It has been over a month and nothing so far and all of my calls to their sales and support numbers go straight to voice mail with no return calls. I have also sent emails with no replies so here I sit with a Reefkeeper Elite head unit in the box and can't get a hold of them to replace it. I have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against them, which they have a C- rating because there are plenty of complaints about the same thing...terrible customer service and warranty support. If they don't respond to that, small claims court is next. I would not buy this product...go the Apex route, which is a little more expensive, but worth it from everything that I have read.

If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charges. If you paid via PayPal, file a paypal dispute. You received an item that is not functional.

That's very odd. I've always gotten great support from them. They've even rebuilt/repaired used units and never charged me. Admittedly, they were a little slow. It took four weeks to get a PC4 back but I had a backup so it was t a problem.

I had read a lot of reviews before I bought it and there was a mixed review on support. Some folks had good luck and others didn't. It has really surprised me. The first time that I called them, they answered and he said that he would send it but then when nothing arrived, I called back and he told me that he would check with shipping....then nothing. I called back and he told me that they had lost my address so I gave it to you...and then nothing. Now no responses to either voice mail or email. Then when I checked the BBB and seen where there are a number of complaints similar this. Once guy was still waiting after 6 or 7 months to receive his replacement SL2.

huskerreefatl;1009408 wrote: yeah...those Huskers....you love them or you hate them....:)

I have some good friends who are HUGE Husker fans. Great football town. That 99 yd TD against UGA a couple of years ago sure did hurt!

Yeah...I pretty much am as well. I am from Nebraska and received my undergraduate and graduate degrees from there so I have attended many games....including the one that you are referencing...now we need the tie break. Did you know that Mark Richt was born in Nebraska?...maybe he is a husker too...way down inside. :)

Back