Dimensions to gallons conversion?

freddy4130

Market
Reaction score
Anyone know where to look for a conversion table or something like that? Or, better yet, does anyone know the amount of gallons in one cubic foot?

Google is your friend... "aquarium calculator" or "gallons to cubic foot" will give you the answer you seek.

freddy4130;247639 wrote: Anyone know where to look for a conversion table or something like that? Or, better yet, does anyone know the amount of gallons in one cubic foot?

(12"X12"X12")/231 = 7.48 gallons

(L X W X H)/231 is the formula to convert area to gallons.

Thanks,
Tim

Cameron;247650 wrote: Teach a man to fish is my motto on this.

This is the ol' "give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime" thing!

I beleive that it should be " give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to take off a skimmer cup and he'll eat for a lifetime"!:yuk:

Dang. I thought I was doing research, LOL. My bad. I was making great use of the interwebs and I found the answer. Why the hostility?

freddy4130;247673 wrote: Dang. I thought I was doing research, LOL. My bad. I was making great use of the interwebs and I found the answer. Why the hostility?

It is not hostile, at least not on my part. :)

Cameron and Flying Army have a unique humor, you just have to know them.

Thanks,
Tim

freddy4130;247673 wrote: Dang. I thought I was doing research, LOL. My bad. I was making great use of the interwebs and I found the answer. Why the hostility?

Freddy..definitely didn't mean anything by my comments! ARC is a wealth of knowledge and smarta****!

dawgdude;247706 wrote: Yeah dont take anything as hostility on the boards! Many of us know eachother personally and because of that we talk bluntly at times or joke in ways that might appear to be hostile. Its all in good fun! For the most part everyone here is pretty easy going and eager to help.

especially Charlie & I! LOL!

Looks like I'll fit right in. While we are on the topic, I found a glass shop that priced some pieces for me. I asked for the 5 pieces that would make up a cube. 3 12"X12" pieces and 2 11.5" pieces. They are only $6.00 each. A total of $30 for all the glass I need for a 1' cube. Is that a good price? The glass is 1/4" thick.

I asked about a large tank in my first thread. I am having issues with my wife. I am not allowed to have a "work in progress" look. I figured I could get a small tank and have it all but finished in no time. Then I could start on my 110 in the basement and she would be happy. Hence the 1' cube.

I was not trying to be mean. I just have seen this question asked here before and the answer is readily available via Google and probably the forum search. Good to ask questions but in general most people who help others don't like having to answer the same questions over and over. Granted your question isn't that common, but I was just trying to help increase your "Search-Fu" which in the end is a powerful asset.

Thanks. I should do that. I have this twisted idea that people in a particular forum are more willing than they are to lend their expertise. Happens to me all the time. Stroll into any forum and ask a related question and inevitably, someone will tell you to Google it. No biggie.

I work in Hoover at the Mercedes stealership. Why were you here? The only two fish stores in the Birmingham area are both in Hoover.

Yeah, they lost a close one in the state championship game tonight. 16-13. Those are the breaks I guess.

freddy4130;247806 wrote: Looks like I'll fit right in. While we are on the topic, I found a glass shop that priced some pieces for me. I asked for the 5 pieces that would make up a cube. 3 12"X12" pieces and 2 11.5" pieces. They are only $6.00 each. A total of $30 for all the glass I need for a 1' cube. Is that a good price? The glass is 1/4" thick.

<span style="color: black">First off these sizes will give you a really weird look cube... I assume you are planning on using one of the 12"x12" pieces of glass for the bottom. And assuming you want a finish product of 12"x12"x12" then you will need the following glass (excluding the bottom):</span>
<span style="color: black">Quantity 2) 12"x11 34"</span>
<span style="color: black">Quantity 2) 11 3/4" x 11 1/2"</span>
<span style="color: black"> </span>
<span style="color: black">Then I would also think about the top... unless you plan on going rimless and honestly I personally would never build my own rimless tank. I would do some kind of euro-bracing or at least corner braces... Have you considered acrylic for your tank?</span>

Back