Disappearing goby

saltyreefer

Supporting
Reaction score
I added a 5 inch diamond sleeper goby to my 125 gallon set up yesterday and now he has vanished. It would be impossible for him to jump out over the canopy and he is too big to hide in plain sight. I've checked the overflows, sump, everywhere. Has anyone ever had this happen?

All 3 of my Goby's live the majority of the day under the rocks. Sometimes I wont see them for days. However, I wasn't so lucky with one of their paired pistol shrimp and it died in its cave. It took about a week to figure it out when some nitrates showed up out of the blue. It wasn't much, but it gave me a good indicator something was probably dead. I hope thats not the case! But, you can kind if watch your nitrate level for an indicator.

mine live under the live rocks also i can always get them to come out from hiding with some pe mysis shrimp they love it

Yeah I have 3 gobies in my 90... 2 ywg and 1 engineer. The engineer stays hidden, and the 2 ywg hang out in one spot inside a make shift cave. Usually 1 is visable and the other is still shy so it stays out of direct sight. However once I start feeding they all come out and eat directly from my "julian's thing." they are cool when they feed like that. My cleaner shrimp & emerald do the same thing... pretty cool sight to see IMO.

Back