disassemble acrylic sump

pkaugusta

Market
Reaction score
So I bought this used sump from a member. Then realized , no matter how I turn it sump dimensions wont let me to put under the tank. This is a 250 gallon tank. So no way I can move it. Only way about is to disassemble and assemble under the tank. I it possible with acrylic ?

Man if you were closer to make the meeting Saturday, the acrylic kings are going to be there.
Unless u plan on cutting it down and making it a little smaller to fit in the stand, I wouldn't mess with it.
After your done if you did, you might need to take it out for service or something and would do water test outside the stand.

Wow Acrylic Kings, that's a lot to live up to...but I will be talking about this very thing. In fact the tank that you won Marlon was deconstructed and reconstructed. So it's possible but not always practical or the way to go but there are options.

there is no way to fit anything longer than 23 inches there. Whatever I do I have to do the water test inside the tank. ( I know it sounds whack . but I need a larger sumps :) ). are there any modular sumps/refugiums I can assemble under the tank.oops saturday, I will be out of town.

what kind of chemicals would you use to deconstruct? because unlike in glass , there is no caulk to remove . all the cementing looks clean.

You would have to cut and rebond/weld the acrylic, this is not an easy job ans would require appropriate tools. you might look at using 2 smaller tanks/sumps to accomplish what you need. Not aware of any modular sumps but maybe someone else will chime in with a thought.

yeah that's the other option I was thinking of. two tanks and connect with drill holes and pipes

Does anyone know a good glass shop in atlanta to get glass cut for a custom tank ?

Back