Disaster Strikes.......

game411

Market
Reaction score
I posted that I had Ich in my tank or some other infection that was affecting my fish, anyway, I set up a Qt Tank and decided to give my fish a Fresh water Bath for 30 min, but unfortunately, I think the stress was too much for my Coral beauty, he died, I was down stairs getting some H2O, after I came back, he was gone, he was only in there for 20 min, article said go for 30 min. It's my fault though, it said watch them closely for signs of stress, and I stepped out for 5 min, and he was gone.

Anyway, the Corpas Tang and the Foxface are still alive in their new tank, I'll now their fate as soon as I get back home, meanwhile, I kicked up the temp in their tank and left the Live rock and Xenia in their.

I'll let you know if it worked out good.........

Dang, I really liked that fish even though I got him for 1/2 price:help:

oh its you rebo.( iam the guy who sold you the yellow damsel and a hammer coral) you asked me what fish the coral beauty was and you got one right after that.

Oh, Hey Ance, yeah I got one at Petco, it was 1/2 price so I got it.............

beautiful fish, hate to lose it.:doh:

its annce by the way. if you are down here the petco next to my house has a beautiful one.

Later, I have my Fox and Scorpas on Qt and their tank is un-inhabitable for the next 3 weeks, don't want to add any new commers for at least two weeks.

My 3rd tank is inhabbited by two killer damsels, these little buggers are mean and I don't think they'll let me put any softy in with them till I get them more real estate.

thanks for looking out.

30 minutes seems very excessive for a f/w dip. I believe the GA Aquarium only requires a 10min dip for all marine fish as a prophylactic. How many people here have attempted one that long?

I just put my sailfin in for about 5 mins, he was stressing out, so I pulled him... He ended up dying anyway... don't know why..

i have fresh water dipped many fish 8-15 min max with air stone have never lost a fish from it yet i do it 3 days in a row unless they show major improvement earlier

i just dipped 5 fish today for 30 min and then for 10 min before putting them into qt they are all doing fine and eating

Game411;81413 wrote: Later, I have my Fox and Scorpas on Qt and their tank is un-inhabitable for the next 3 weeks, don't want to add any new commers for at least two weeks.

My 3rd tank is inhabbited by two killer damsels, these little buggers are mean and I don't think they'll let me put any softy in with them till I get them more real estate.

thanks for looking out.
are one of the damsels that pretty yellow one. just tell me when you are ready and ill go look for you over here since i walk there when my dad is at kroger which is like all the time.

well, the article said they can survive 1 hour, but he said to be safe do it for 30 min, which is what I did................

By the way, I've got a feedback on the fish now that they are comfortable with me again............ it looks like the Ich on them is gone and they seem fine, I would like to add I did something I would not necesarily advise anyone to do, but I used Ich treatment for fresh water fish which had the Malachite green (I think that's what it is) instead of the blue.

I can't say if it is responsible for the treatment or the death, but I do know the two have ne more Ich on them, might be just the fresh water or the combination..............just glad they are doing fine and eating.

well i did the garlic and ginger method and it is gone for 4 days so far.

Back