Dispar or Barlett's Anthias?

chauwall

Market
Reaction score
I am getting the Anthias bug and considering either Dispar or Barlett's Anthias. Does anyone have experience with either species? Pro and Cons. I'm looking for a hardier species that isn't Lyretail. I think those look like comet goldfish to me-sorry. Or please recommend another species that may be hardier. I know that they are hard to keep. Any input would be appreciated. I know that they need multiple feedings daily. Also, I'll be sure to watch them eat at the LFS before taking any home. Thanks.

I have good luck with both Dispar and Bartlett's. Dispar are the poor man's bartlett's, yet still very nice.

i LOVE Bartlett's; very sexy! They're pricier than the other common anthias, but worth it; they seem to eat whatever I feed them.

Borbonius are hardy. Eat way better than the PQ's...

Hardier species don't seem to need as many feedings, the one's that seem to be harder to keep do better with numerous feeding's I've heard.

I really like the sunburst anthias sometimes called a fathead anthias. I've been looking to add a small one to my tank for quite sometime.

Bartletts are a million times hardier. I think even hardier than squammapinnis.

Lyretails are very hardy. I kept some for years feeding them every-other day. Bartletts are hardy too IME.

DannyBradley;262456 wrote: Dispar are the poor man's bartlett's, yet still very nice.

That's why I was looking at Dispars! Poor women! I'll have to see them in person, but the photos of the Barlett's sure are purdy.

Skriz;262461 wrote: i LOVE Bartlett's; very sexy! They're pricier than the other common anthias, but worth it; they seem to eat whatever I feed them.

Sexy? Hmmm. Whatcha doing over on the other side of Suwanee? :)

With Barlett's since they are more expensive, can you add more later or are they aggressive that you'll need to put all 3 in together at the same time?

Thanks everyone. I thought that these guys would be very difficult to keep, but ya'll have given me courage. There goes my New Year's resolution already.....spend less on hobbies....3 more fish can't hurt...:)

Back