Display Refugium

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
I wanted to show my 30 gal display refugium. Its only been up a week now. It sits nest to my 120.
I'm getting my nitrates down slowly by WC and feeding correctly. But set this up to help with tank volume, and to use alittle of thd nitrates up.Got the lighting on different time then display. As you all know I had a crazy move that caused some high no3, po4.. At this point, here is where I'm at.

NO3 - 24.00 (was at 80.00 4weeks ago.)
NO4 - 0.04. (was at 0.64 " ")
Alk - 7.0 ( adjusting to raise slowly)
Cal- 450 ( adjusting to lower slowly)
Mag- 1200 (adjusting to raise slowly)
Salinity- 1.025
Ph 8.14 nite, Ph 8.25 day

I'm not sure if I should have live animals or not.
Do most people put live animals in there. It is tied into my DT. What would you recommend in the display refugium. I don't want to have to feed that much food in there.

Just an idea, but I know some people keep seahorses in their refugiums and since yours is a display fuge they may be a good option!

Like the idea, But I don't know enough info to care for properly

Fishlips;1107719 wrote: I'm not sure if I should have live animals or not.
Do most people put live animals in there. It is tied into my DT. What would you recommend in the display refugium. I don't want to have to feed that much food in there.

I meant as far as sea fans, sponges ect. When I took my Refugium down after three years of being untouched it had an incredible amount of bio diversity.

Bcavalli;1107740 wrote: I meant as far as sea fans, sponges ect. When I took my Refugium down after three years of being untouched it had an incredible amount of bio diversity.

Thanks for clarifying, Im on the same page.I want all plants ect.

What kind of macros do you have in there now? Or are those just sponges and gorgs?

blind1993;1107786 wrote: What kind of macros do you have in there now? Or are those just sponges and gorgs?

All macros,
DARK OCEAN CCORALLINE
Red dragons tongue
RED RAZOR
CODIUM
Cheato

Fishlips;1107794 wrote: All macros,
DARK OCEAN CCORALLINE
Red dragons tongue
RED RAZOR
CODIUM
Cheato

Where did you get them? They look very nice

blind1993 107799 said:
Where did you get them.
Macrowurks, E-bay 12.00 total, delivered to door. For real, that was shipping included.

Wow, I noticed when I cleaned out my pics and messages, it deleted some pics.
Here an update.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1110598=70007-0314172138a.jpg
>
1110598=70007-0314172138a.jpg
class="gc-images" title="0314172138a.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back