Dividers/Balles?

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Would it be possible to put baffles/dividers into a Rubbermaid stock tank? Trying to figure some stuff out.

Thanks,
Colin

Yes, I have seen it done on the stock tanks. Everything from acrylic for shape to eggcrate

How would you bond the acrlyic to the polycarbonate? And what lid are you referring to??

Ahhh I did not think of epoxy! Got a brand recommendation? And if I use acrylic should I do 1/4 or 3/8?

Sorry I was thinking of a reg rubbermaid storage container.
Take a cardboard cut out to Home depot or lowes and let them do the acrylic cut out work for you for the stock tank. Test and epoxy it in

Mockery;464705 wrote: Ahhh I did not think of epoxy! Got a brand recommendation? And if I use acrylic should I do 1/4 or 3/8?
I buy liquid epoxy in bulk fro US composites so I couldn't really recomend a specific brand from the hardware store. They are all pretty much the same. Any clear two part liquid epoxy will probably work fine. The gel will probably have a better consistancy to work with.

On the size acrylic, if its going to depend on how big of stock tank along with how far the water levels will differ. I would probably lean toward the 3/8's though

It a 50 gallon on and height will only change maybe an inch or 2

Colin, what are you trying to baffle for? I used a 5 gallon bucket to run all my overflows into with a filter sock and have zero bubble issues if that's what you are doing. You could also use a smaller rubbermaid tub to do the same thing.

Check out this thread for other ideas
showthread.php

Colin if you do put in baffles and use the 2 part epoxy don't get the rapid like less than 5 min drying ones as you working time with it will be too short....I would get at lest 30 min or longer epoxy that way you will have plenty of working time.

Back