Divorced clowns?

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
I got a pair of tomato clowns a few months ago, they paired up nice and bonded to a frog spawn than one split and took to s large mushroom a month or so ago, and now they're fighting. I might just give the set away to get something less aggressive, but I never heard of a pair break up like that...I suppose they were not a "mated pair" when I picked them up, just juveniles so they grew apart...any other ideas

Its possible they were both sub dominant males just awaiting transition to the dominant female role. It's possible they will calm down after they sort things out.

glxtrix;227593 wrote: Its possible they were both sub dominant males just awaiting transition to the dominant female role. It's possible they will calm down after they sort things out.
Good possibility, I have always had success pairing clowns by buying a medium sized clown then picking up a smaller juvinile out of a group at my LFS. they normally fight at first but it soon subsides.

I had done that too with my maroons...but the smaller one turned out to be the more dominant female....the one that was in my tank a month or 2 before I got the second one I thought to be the female....oh well, nature does weird things.

I'm not tring to rob your thread but my new clowns went straight too my BTA,and now they seem to like my large colony of greens zoo's now.They still hang out at the BTA after the lights go out though?
Any ideas?

jason sartain;227606 wrote: I'm not tring to rob your thread but my new clowns went straight too my BTA,and now they seem to like my large colony of greens zoo's now.They still hang out at the BTA after the lights go out though?
Any ideas?

no problem, maybe the zoo's have a better food supply but feel safer in the nem...just a thought

and thanks for the ideas guys, I guess I'll give it a bit and see if they sort it out.

Back