DIY Denitrator works

oz

Market
Reaction score
For those of you wondering if the DIY denitrators work (and those that asked me since I just picked one up).....I have been battling a bit of a high nitrate problem. I tested 4 days ago and my nitrates were up to 80ppm AFTER I did a 25% water change.

Last Wed night, I hooked up the DIY denitrator I picked up from another arc member and plumbed it into my system with only a drip per 2 seconds or so. I tested my nitrates tonight and they are 0 with no ill affects on my other params. :up:

I know this doesn't solve the real underlying problem but it is a great gap solution until I do. Just sharing my experience with the well known DIY denitrator solution for those contemplating them.

****, thats alot of Nitrate to go away that quickly. Thats awesome man! I could have used that in my old FOWLR

It's the DIY from the long RC thread. No ill affects so far regarding corals (outside of the negative affects of my lighting change situation).

Same as found here.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1288082&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Back