DIY eggcrate filter sock holder.

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Came across this on the web. Not my idea, but thought it was clever. Not bad for someone using an aquarium as a sump. If the bag overflows, the water should just spill through the eggcrate into the sump.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
818486=41340-DIY_filter_socks002.jpg
>
818486=41340-DIY_filter_socks002.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DIY_filter_socks002.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Acroholic;818494 wrote: There is an opening for a second sock.

Unless you get some acrylic to lay over the open egg crate, it wont be too effective making it to the other sock :doh: even yet, you'd still have to make some walls to it didn't run off back into the tank completely bypassing the sock. Still a neat project for under 20 bucks.

glxtrix;818499 wrote: Unless you get some acrylic to lay over the open egg crate, it wont be too effective making it to the other sock :doh: even yet, you'd still have to make some walls to it didn't run off back into the tank completely bypassing the sock. Still a neat project for under 20 bucks.

Oh, I see what you meant. I was thinking the second hole for a second overflow, not for overflow from the first. A thing like that, if the water overflows it just goes into the sump. You'd have to rinse the socks regularly with a thing like that.

Back