DIY filter sock

legalreefer

Market
Reaction score
Will super glue hold .093" acrylic/plexiglass together? Where can you get weld-on and what kind do you use? Apparently the HD I went to doesnt sell it. But the tray I making wont hold any real pressure on the part being glued... Any thoughts or concerns are greatly appreciated

I get my weld on at my local plexiglas retailer. Guaranteed you have someone that sells acrylic in your area

Instead of using a adhesive, why don't you heat it up carefully and bend it? I made mine so it hooks on the side of my sump and used a dremel and cut out the hole for the filter sock. If your interested, I'll send you a pic of my design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calsak Plastics in Lawrenceville has 16. They also have another brand solvent that is about the same as 4.

Super glue will not bond to the acrylic what so ever. I have only used Weld On 16 and it is pretty runny. Can't imagine how hard 4 would be to work with. :)

Marine design also carries it.

Edit:
rdnelson99;769541 wrote: Super glue will not bond to the acrylic what so ever. I have only used Weld On 16 and it is pretty runny. Can't imagine how hard 4 would be to work with. :)

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">open a bottle of pvc primer or rubbing alcohol it's about the same consistency.</span></span>

Another thing about Superglue, it will most likely eat the acrylic and cause it to haze & crack. It's just not the right tool for the job when it comes to acrylic bonding.

Back