DIY Food Question

sdminson

Market
Reaction score
So I decided after reading all about everyone making their own food to give it a shot I went to the store and bought all the ingredients but as for squid all I could find was a package of whole squid about an inch in half in length each. When put in the blender they turned into a black substance Im guessing because the ink in them. My question is will these be safe to feed my fish, or did I need to purchase just squid pieces?

I'm not sure what effect it will have in such small doses, but I remember reading that ink would do a number on water quality when keeping octopuses. I can't imagine that it's a good thing. Especially if it's used as a defense mechanism in the wild. I wouldn't risk it. When it comes to squid, I prefer to just use the body portion. The tenticles and head are pretty tough and end up stringy when trying to blend them. Hope this helps.

No... I would not put squid ink into your tank... Best off to try again! ;)

That seems to be the common consensus with that food. Glad it worked out for you, Chris! :)

christopherjay;195236 wrote: Btw brandon my fish went CRAZY of your homemade fish food..My puffer is fat LOL

You were not supposed to feed it all at once... ;)

Back