Diy Frag Racks?

We Just had this same discussion s few weeks ago look under threads started by Mr and read through some of that

SuperClown;729304 wrote: We Just had this same discussion s few weeks ago look under threads started by Mr and read through some of that

who is Mr?

Are common plastic suction cups ok for a reef tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to go to Home Depot today and look for eggcrate, superglue, magnets, etc. to build a frag rack and media basket. If we have to worry about these things being reef safe (weither suctions cups not strong enough or leakage from plastic material), then I'm beginning to think it's worth the piece of mind to chunk over the cash. Thoughts?

Aquariums are like weddings... just because something is for a wedding, it's triple the cost.

Magnets are made of metal, they cover magnets with epoxy to keep salt water from coming in to contact the metal magnet and corroding it.

i personally would collect old magfloats for this purpose, or buy cheap, non-floating magnet glass cleaners. You find them everywhere pretty cheap!

Dakota9;729499 wrote: Magnets are made of metal, they cover magnets with epoxy to keep salt water from coming in to contact the metal magnet and corroding it.

i personally would collect old magfloats for this purpose, or buy cheap, non-floating magnet glass cleaners. You find them everywhere pretty cheap!

Ah thanks for the explanation. I didn't think about that.

The cheapest method is BigJohn's... Probably less than 15 and you will have leftovers for another project. Magnets are sealed with epoxy to prevent contact with the water as mentioned above. A lot of people glue egg crate to magfloats.

I had a couple left over mag floats, and just glued some eggcrate to them.......works well.

I'm thinking of glueing a hook on my magfloat, then the eggcrate could just pop off when I need to clean the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back