DIY Fuge

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
I plan on making a fuge from a large animal cracker container I purchased from Sam's club. I have the label off but am having a difficult time taking the adhesive off. I was wondering if the adhesive for the label is toxic?

a link to the animal crackers
a>

It's it on the outside? I wouldn't worry about it unless that will be sitting in water too.

Crew;1040748 wrote: It's it on the outside? I wouldn't worry about it unless that will be sitting in water too.
It will be sitting in my sump. What can I use to take it off and will be reef safe. I tried vinegar.

I don't know what the adhesive is made of, but I've had good results with goo gone and also cooking oil. In this case, try the cooking oil. You'll be able to remove that easier after you're done.

Crew;1040752 wrote: I don't know what the adhesive is made of, but I've had good results with goo gone and also cooking oil. In this case, try the cooking oil. You'll be able to remove that easier after you're done.

I will try some cooking oil and see. Thanks for the tip.:thumbs:

Rubbing alcohol would be safer than goo gone.
I honestly don't know if that would be totally safe but if you use hot water to rinse real clean I would think it wouldn't leave a residue?

Camellia;1040835 wrote: Rubbing alcohol would be safer than goo gone.
I honestly don't know if that would be totally safe but if you use hot water to rinse real clean I would think it wouldn't leave a residue?

+1

or just soak it in a sink of sudsy hot water

Crew;1040752 wrote: I don't know what the adhesive is made of, but I've had good results with goo gone and also cooking oil. In this case, try the cooking oil. You'll be able to remove that easier after you're done.
So I used cooking oil and it did the trick. Many thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back