DIY LED on tank pictures and video (youtube)

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
ok so if I decide to go with LED this will be the first of 6 of these that would hang over my 48" tank.

This is the same light that I just completed on the diy forum

Here's a youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaxAMuZiSNw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaxAMuZiSNw</a>

GREAT shimmer though!

and pictures below ( a little too purple. led is really hard to capture)

b
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/510449=23941-IMG_0841.jpg>
510449=23941-IMG_0841.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0841.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
510449=23940-IMG_0842.jpg
>
510449=23940-IMG_0842.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0842.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
510449=23939-IMG_0844.jpg
>
510449=23939-IMG_0844.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0844.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I'm FAAAR from qualified haha..

I do know what works (now) though.

I had so many questions that I thought the guys in the DIY section of RC were going to kick me off the board!

That being said I feel VERY comfortable recreating the same setup, which I'm going to have to do 5 more times to complete the tank (if I go this rout) haha

The light has been on for a good hour now and.. GEEZ a peet just looking at the tank leaves your eyes blinded.

The entire room has shimmer lines all over the ceiling (big room).

I really want to test the par on this setup but there's NO WAY i'm buying a par meter to do it haha.

Looks like its time to sell some more frag packs and make enough to make #2 :) which SHOULD go a WHOLE lot smoother.

b

If you don't mind me asking...how much $$ do you have in the setup you just finished? And are there any economies of scale? What size are the modules? Looks like you have a 48" wide tank and could only really use 3 more of the ones you built...maybe 4.

I can't believe how pure and clean the light looks!

very nice!
This setup will definitely put you well into the MH range and higher. I don't remember if you mentioned in your build thread, but did you use optics? The LED's w/o optics give great par to about 12 inches, and par #'s drop considerably after that.

Looks Great! I think two more should do it.......

I hate when people ask "how much" when it comes to cost, but I've got to know myself.

Share if you can!!!!!!!

Nvm, looked at your build thread again and saw the pics with the optics!
Very clean build!

Not cheap haha. The upfront cost of led isn't going to save u anything. It suposidly comes in op cost and lamp replacement;)

let's just say u could gave gotten a nice 250 hqi mh pendant for about the same.

EliPhant;510477 wrote: very nice!
This setup will definitely put you well into the MH range and higher. I don't remember if you mentioned in your build thread, but did you use optics? The LED's w/o optics give great par to about 12 inches, and par #'s drop considerably after that.

I have 60 degree op for the blues. There aren't ant ops out for the whites:(

Dakota9;510478 wrote: Looks Great! I think two more should do it.......

I hate when people ask "how much" when it comes to cost, but I've got to know myself.

Share if you can!!!!!!!

Nah it will take 4 or 5 more. The fixture us longways. It would hang the other way so that it is only 7.25 wide and not 15

Back