DIY Lights

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT"><span style="color: #810081;">Light Bulbs Etc, Inc.</span></a>

I found this site. They offer CF screw in bulbs of 5500 Kelvin rating in 23 watt to 100 watt (equal to 500watt incandesent) bulbs. The bulbs are very resonably priced too. If you read through the site, the seem pretty legit. Thought about ordering 3 of the 5500 Kelvin lights and one blue 25 watt light and making my own lighting for my shallow tank. That would be a lot less heat on the tank.

Anyone else thought of this?

pretty inexpensive but the 55k would need to be supplemented with alot of blue or it'll make everything look yellowish. And the neons in your corals would not come out.

no, actually I'm talking about my small display tank, with the DSB its only got 13 inches of water.

Now I've looked further and found 30watt bulbs at 6500Kelvin, and blue bulbs that have phosphers not just clear/blue at 50 and 75 watt. I think I might give this a shot!

oh, and the 6500 Kelvin, 30 watt bulbs are only $6.00 a piece. and that INCLUDES shipping.....

Nah, figured after purchasing bulbs AND fixtures, I'd be approaching the same price as a used aquatic fixture..... not worth the time, but thanks for the input all the same

Back