DIY Lumenbrights?

gixxer600

Market
Reaction score
Has anybody done them or can anybody lead me in the direction to instructions on how to make them? Thanks for the help in advance.

He may look, but won't help, long story and I won't speak for him. He is having a DIY day for a newly designed reflector that you should look into.

well that wont do me any good and if i remember correctly he is quite aways from me.

I have built 3 all in hammertone aluminium....See pic below.
The only downside is that the program file to cut these is on my friends CNC plasma cutter and that is located in Louisiana.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

If you want lumen@rc's I do have a plan for these but you will have to stretch it to you dimensions because I used my friends cutter and program so I was able to stretch it with the click of the mouse and once 1 dimension is set the program adjust the rest automatically. Then all I did was use his sheet metal break to make the bends and rivet together.
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Can i see some pics of them mounted in the canopy? also how you mounted the socket? That would be great. Those would definantly work. I appreciate the help.

Thanks Jeff!!!!

Gixxer600,
I made the mailto:lumen@rc">lumen@rc</a> the standard size 20x20 and not going into a canopy will be on a light mover over a frag tank......
The lumenbright is a little larger than standard if I remember they are 21x21 where standard is 20x20 and here is a photo of the rack I made for them to fit into as well. Since my tank is not up yet I have not made the mounts for the sockets but have some designs in mind just have to play around with them. I made the rack to fit inside the canopy with 1/2" gap all the way around and the reflectors have a flat angle on the bottom and will bolt to the aluminum tubing. The rack is upside down and over the 180 gallon tank there will be the 3 lumenbrights.
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/541314=25553-none 016.jpg>
541314=25553-none 016.jpg
class="gc-images" title="none 016.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

AndyMan;541317 wrote: Looks like you might be getting busy making the reflectors soon Eric :)

Just wish I had a cnc plasma cutter and table closer than 550 miles away to use. It was a cake walk with that machine can't imagine trying to cut all by hand but I know people who have.....

Eric B;541445 wrote: LOL!!! Where we going to put all the aluminum????

Somebody who was hoping to get some the last time could follow in a truck... :)

Sorry about the "edit", Eric... the "edit" button is too close to the "quote" button at 4 am...

cr500_af;541501 wrote: Somebody who was hoping to get some the last time could follow in a truck... :)

Sorry about the "edit", Eric... the "edit" button is too close to the "quote" button at 4 am...

Nice Barry but WTH you doing up at 4 am????? :)

Folks,

we will have to lock this thread.

Please do NOT mention the patent protected names when referring to DIYs...

Back