Diy mounts

Dmac

Market
Reaction score
I could use some help coming up with a simple diy mount for two kessil a360x's and two orphek LED bars. I realize metal may be the best option but I don't really have the tools for it. Anybody have any ideas? Btw, this will be inside a canopy

I could use some help coming up with a simple diy mount for two kessil a360x's and two orphek LED bars. I realize metal may be the best option but I don't really have the tools for it. Anybody have any ideas? Btw, this will be inside a canopy
All you need to cut metal bracing is a 20 dollar angle grinder from harbor freight. Lowes has alot of different metal peices in the hardware isle that ive used in the past and i cut it with the angle grinder to make all kinds of brackets

IMG_20200903_212526.jpg

IMG_20200905_200452.jpg
All you need to cut metal bracing is a 20 dollar angle grinder from harbor freight. Lowes has alot of different metal peices in the hardware isle that ive used in the past and i cut it with the angle grinder to make all kinds of brackets
Or a hack saw and a $5 plastic miter box. Aluminum rail will be more expensive but easier to cut.

I cut these pieces by hand. Didn't take too long.

I like that. Just wondering how I'd mount my kessils in there

Aqua Illumination makes a hybrid T5/LED fixture. One of the items available for it is mounts for the Kessil lights.

If you made a rectangle from angled aluminum rail like the photo above, instead of AI Hydras going across you could use the Kessil mounts in this link:

Last edited:
I have a 12" miter saw with an aluminum cutting blade on it. Its on a stand so kinda unwieldy, but if you have a big truck you can borrow it.
If you want to measure your stuff out and bring it over and cut it here that is no problem.

woops, I see somebody beat me to it.

The threads on the top of the light are M10x1.5. I used some Angle and supported mine from some bolts I got from Home Depot. Post a picture of inside your canopy.

Back