Diy Probe And Float Switch Holder

slayer

Market
Reaction score
So now that my tank is in full swing, the only thing i cant seem to get under control is my calcium level and ph. As the summer approaches and evap. rate increases, my kalk reactor constantly drips kalk causing my ph to rise to 8.7. I needed a system that would cut off my auto top off from the kalk reactor if my ph rose too high and instead dose ro/di h20 instead. I also needed a place to put my probes for my aquacontroller, which would control all this chaos..So this what i started to create.....

my old top off system...(dont laugh)
DSC00226.jpg
alt="" />
first i found some scrap acrylic...
DSC00087.jpg
alt="" />
and cut it into a length i needed with my router, that coresponded to the level of the water i wanted in the sump.
DSC00089.jpg
alt="" />
then i cut out the base of my probe and switch holder from more scrap acrylic
DSC00091.jpg
alt="" />
DSC00092.jpg
alt="" />
then i drew out the holes where my probes and float switches would fit....
DSC00093.jpg
alt="" />
DSC00095.jpg
alt="" />
i then routed these out....
DSC00094.jpg
alt="" />
i glued the base and stand together using weldon...made quite a mess doing so
DSC00096.jpg
alt="" />
i then needed a back up switch for my auto top off incase the first switch ever failed. So i made another base for the second switch which i would place higher then the first...and glued it in place on the stand at the appropriate height
DSC00097.jpg
alt="" />
DSC00098.jpg
alt="" />
i also drilled a small hole in the back of the stand and placed a plastic screw into it so that i could level the bracket when placed in my tank (because it had a eurobrace).i also cut out the back portion of the holder and glued it on..I let this all dry and heres what i got...
DSC00100.jpg
alt="" />
DSC00105.jpg
alt="" />
and this is what i ended up with....
DSC00112.jpg
alt="" />
DSC00115.jpg
alt="" />

dont have time to finish this post with all the floats, wiring and solenoids..

TO BE CONTINUED>>>

Nice work! I need to make one myself... it's on my list of things to do.

Awesome work slayer! I love the backup/redundant float switches. Makes me want to add a backup to my float switch before it lets me down.... :whistling:

If you ever decide to make a couple to sell, put me on the list. I cheesed mine together using PVC, but would like a less bulky more functional design such as yours.

Great Job. I'd be in for one as well. I just use the molded stuff that came with my float switch... that reminds me, I need a new pump

Back