DIY Rail/Aluminum Extrusions

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
Does anyone make their own rail that you can slide the light fixture back and forth?

I have seen people making the rail out of aluminum extrusions (the one below) but i can't find one. anyone know where they're sold?
>

Got my parts off amazon (search for 80/20 brand stuff) Cut it with my chop saw. Easy as pie.

20150430_183835_zpsb2qex3m5.jpg
alt="" />

Just finishing up the new canopy so I can mount that on struts so it will raise/lower easily.

Ender, what are those rails at the bottom that look like heat sinks? they run the length on the sides.

looking forward to seeing your full set up!

outdrsyguy1;1039683 wrote: Ender, what are those rails at the bottom that look like heat sinks? they run the length on the sides.

looking forward to seeing your full set up!

They are heat sinks, I have a bunch of LEDS on them. Setup is 3 400w halides and 90 LED's. Ultimate goal is to have the whole rack on struts inside the canopy so I can raise them up out of the way when I need to get into the tank.

EnderG60;1039762 wrote: They are heat sinks, I have a bunch of LEDS on them. Setup is 3 400w halides and 90 LED's. Ultimate goal is to have the whole rack on struts inside the canopy so I can raise them up out of the way when I need to get into the tank.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your final build! You should start manufacturing them!

Back