DIY RODI Hookup

kodock

Supporting
Reaction score
I am in an older home and do not have the conveinence of a washer and dryer room to hook the rodi to. I wanted to hide it as best as possible.

Anyway, I was taking the shower head off every week to hookup the rodi fitting and ruined the threading of a shower head. This could also work on your hose.

showerhead thread is 1/2"

standard garden hose thread is 3/4"

Supplies (I used Brass)

1/2" to 3/4 bushing

hose Y connect with shut off - only option is 3/4"

2 - 3/4" to 1/2" bushings

1/2" to 3/8" bushing

3/8" FIX connector for RODI tube and tubing

LOTS OF PLUMBERS TAPE

It could be simplified and you cannot see it when facing the shower head but it was a fun project. All I do hookup the rodi tube and place the unit and bucket in the tub and dont have to worry about an overflow because there is a drain. You could have double access to your hose as well.

Disregard ugly wallpaper - house is a fixer upper

Edit: shower head to hose connector is a bushing - the rest are just couplings.

sounds like a fun project- i placed my RO unit in the garage, punched a hole in the wall and connected drain/supply under bathroom sink. Whatever works!!

sounds like a fun project- i placed my RO unit in the garage, punched a hole in the wall and connected drain/supply under bathroom sink. Whatever works!!
I gotta say that definetly works, but I feel like maybe a little overkill? I wanna try it but I don't know if Ill live to tell the tale

I gotta say that definetly works, but I feel like maybe a little overkill? I wanna try it but I don't know if Ill live to tell the tale
By doing it that way, it allowed me to make a water mixing station in my garage instead of buying salt water... I had just been dragging ro unit outside to garden hose to make fresh...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By doing it that way, it allowed me to make a water mixing station in my garage instead of buying salt water... I had just been dragging ro unit outside to garden hose to make fresh...

Ya, same here. I usually sorta dragged the unit outside and hooked it up whenever i needed it. A couple years ago i finally just installed it in our sun room area since it was so close to a hose drain. I barely got that past the GF at the time though. I have a bad habit of doing things first and asking for forgiveness later

I think you need some different fittings. Mine is all under my guest bathroom sink....

I also don't know why but when you mentioned punching a hole through the wall I imagined something huge lol

I also don't know why but when you mentioned punching a hole through the wall I imagined something huge lol
I suppose you could make the hole as large as you want but I stuck to about 1/2in, just enough for 2 1/4 in supply lines to fit and then used a wall plate to clean it up.

Back