DIY Steel Stand

vanished88

Market
Reaction score
Just finished welding and grinding my new stand for my 120 gallon today, and I thought I would share it with everyone. I am waiting for someone to help me paint it (weights to much for me to filp it by myself while painting).

The stand cost me around $200 to build including materials and the paint I am going to use.

Measurements are 48.5"Lx24.5"Wx34"T

I will post some more pictures once I get it painted. I plan on making a removable plywood covering for it once I have it placed where it is going.

If anyone is interested in making a stand and has any questions feel free to ask.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
635554=30206-IMAG0009.jpg
>
635554=30206-IMAG0009.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMAG0009.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Nice. Do you plan to use magnets to attach the wood?

Yes, the tank is going to sit in an alcove so I am going to build a partition that goes to the wall on either side.

got my stand painted this week. I used rostoleum primer and emanel to paint it. It looks pretty good. I was not to worried about the paint looking nice since it will be covered, I just wanted some rust protection. I will post some pictures once I get some help to placed the tank on it.

Any particular reason why you decided to go with a steel frame, and then skin it in ply? I only ask because for a tank this size, 3/4" ply alone would have been more than enough to support the tank.

Back