Do I Have Enough Volume For Another Fish

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
Just gauging the possiblity. I have a 28 Cube over-skimmed with an Aqua C Remora that I can't even detect NitrAtes even with severe overfeeding (I've been testing the ability of the skimmer after a battle a few months ago before the skimmer upgrade and it's been very efficient).

Current residents are a pair of Picasso Clowns, a Purple Firefish, and a 6-line. The 6-line is a fairly new resident (never planned to have one but flatworms changed my mind...LOL) and if I plan to add another fish I would like to do it now before he gets territorial towards additions. He's just a little guy right now....maybe 1.5"-2". If I add something else it'll likely be a small bottom-dweller or blenny/goby.

What kind of bioloads have others with smaller tanks (20-30 gallons) been able to get away with, particularly with upgraded skimming capability and consistent PWC's.

Wow I didn't have enough coffee this morning. Took me a while to decipher that:D

If you stick to a little goby or blenny, I think you'll be fine. The starry blenny is killer!

I love the starry blenny but if he doesn't take to prepared food easily, he'll be in trouble in my tank. It's devoid of algaes.

Right now I'm considering a shrimp goby/pistol combo if I can find a decent sized pistol so I don't have to worry about the wrasse pestering it. I know there's no way he can eat it, but I've seen tiny wrasse's harass shrimp to death....literally. I'd love to have a pistol to keep the sand stirred a little though, my nassarius snails are lame:boo:

jonboyb;343760 wrote: I love the starry blenny but if he doesn't take to prepared food easily, he'll be in trouble in my tank. It's devoid of algaes.

Show off...

texhorns98;343780 wrote: Show off...

LOL.....my mythrax crabs are pretty efficient. Although I do have a small amount of hair algae on my PH's that they can't reach (although I have seen them base jumping trying to get to the algae). Hope that makes you feel better:D

Back