Do I need another powerhead?

jstone

Market
Reaction score
Hi all -
I recently got back on board with my 20L after having a baby and pretty much just growing hair algae for a year. I have successfully rid myself of the algae and upgraded one of my 425 koralias for a rw4 - The increased flow and reconfiguration of LR has done some amazing things but i still find a decent amount of detritus dusting the rocks on the opposite side of my rw4 - Do i need to get one for this side as well or am i just being overly picky - I mean i have rid myself of algae should i be content and just let things grow for a while? I don't want to overdo it and get too much turbulence going but would like to hear yall's opinion..

Have you tried different modes for the RW4? The second mode (forgot what its called) kicks up a ton of stuff for me but I do have 2 pumps (RW8's in a 75). If changing modes doesn't make a difference, I would add a second RW4.

Yeah I keep it on the first mode at about half power - I think the second is meant to be in tandem with a second unit... Its so tempting to pick up another one, I still have a 425 in the tank as well but it basically does nothing compared to the rw4

Back