Do you feed your rock flower nems ?

tbub1221

Reaction score
I've read that i should feed on occasion , but I have 6 and they never close on food of any kind, they seem healthy and are growing so probably dont need it but on occasion I try when feeding my other anemones so I just wonder what other people do.

I've had one for a couple years, and I have never fed it directly either.

i have from time to time fed my rock flower with mysis and it has excepted it. Sometimes it will close up around it and other times no reaction at all....my maxis will readily accept food but only occasionally will the rock flowers. Give it a try see what happens....

I just picked 2 of these up recently. one is huge. so far they are doing great. I have a friend caring for it it didn't like my tank lol. I was told your supposed to feed them but i prolly will play it out and see.

Never feed mine directly. Mine is directly under my auto feeder so I do see it closed up sometimes assuming around some pellets and I do see it close up when I feed mysis in the tank.

10460787_10101258659583133_6256804224737404827_n.jpg
alt="" />

One of mine is in the path I broadcast food from - it readily closes on anything that lands on it and has almost doubled in size since the expo.

The other (the more expensive one, go figure) from the same event has since embarked on a suicidal trek away from any and all light sources - not the best survival plan for a photosynthetic organism and shrunk to 1/2 the size when I bought it. I've been target feeding it whenever possible and at least it has re-grown some of its tentacles and colored up some.

I directly feed both of mine once a week. I feed a piece of reef frenzy frozen food and they always grab it right away and take it in. One of mine will eat anything that gets near it. One morning I awoke to find a huge bristle worm inside it. Later that day I saw him spitting out the bristles. LOL. After that I saw him trying to take in a hermit crab, shell and all. haha.

donniea1800;975416 wrote: I directly feed both of mine once a week. I feed a piece of reef frenzy frozen food and they always grab it right away and take it in. One of mine will eat anything that gets near it. One morning I awoke to find a huge bristle worm inside it. Later that day I saw him spitting out the bristles. LOL. After that I saw him trying to take in a hermit crab, shell and all. haha.
Wait... it tried to eat a bristle worm? Never heard of that

Well it did not try to eat it. It ate it. And tonight I walked by the tank and saw my brittle star with two legs inside the anemone struggling to get away. I had to pull him free. That thing will try to eat anything. Its crazy.

opportunistic feeding at it's finest! I catch my dendro eating little snails from time to time.

Back